Baked Omelet Squares Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- chopped cooked ham (optional)
- sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender.
step 3: Spread Cheddar cheese in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, olives, sauteed onion, ham, and jalapeno peppers. In a bowl, scramble eggs together with milk, and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ingredients, but do not stir.
step 4: Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer runny in the center and slightly brown on top. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.