Baked Spinach Recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds spinach
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
step 2: Clean spinach thoroughly. Remove all excess water. Chop spinach. Arrange spinach and flour in layers, nestle beaten eggs about midway between the layers.
step 3: Combine cheese and bread crumbs. Mix in optional parsley, if desired. Sprinkle over top of spinach. Mix butter or margarine, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 50 minutes to one hour.