Baked Yam and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: In the prepared dish, make a single layer of sweet potato slices. Place a few onion slices on top, dot with butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat, alternating layers of white and sweet potatoes.
step 3: In a small bowl, or measuring cup, combine flour and broth. Pour over potatoes.
step 4: Sprinkle cheese, bread crumbs and parsley over the potatoes. Dot with remaining butter. Cover.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until potatoes and onions are soft.