Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage Recipe
- 8 ounces dry ziti pasta, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) packages BUITONI® Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
step 2: HEAT olive oil in large saucepan. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain. Add mushrooms and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove from heat.
step 3: ADD pasta to sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
step 4: BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.