Banana-Orange Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or lightly spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
step 2: In large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and dates; mix well. In medium bowl, combine yogurt, banana, egg whites, oil and orange peel; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
step 3: Fill muffin cups almost full.
step 4: Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.