Banana Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 drops red food coloring (optional)
step 1: In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine bananas and lemon juice; add to cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
step 2: In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and food coloring if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining topping.