Banana Pudding I Recipe
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies
step 1: In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in vanilla and butter until smooth.
step 2: Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Chill at least one hour in refrigerator before serving.