Banana Split Bars Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Melt the butter or margarine over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes; let cool.
step 3: Cream together the cream cheese, 1 cup of white sugar and vanilla. Spread over graham cracker crust.
step 4: Layer sliced bananas, drained pineapple and whipped cream dessert topping on top of bars in order given. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then with cherries. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!!