Banana Split Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries (optional)
step 1: Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
step 2: Arrange bananas over bottom of crust. Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas. Top with drained pineapple. Whip the cream and spread over top. Sprinkle with nuts.
step 3: Place pie in freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Makes 8 servings.