Banana Yogurt Pie Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk, chilled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 banana, finely sliced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
step 1: Combine the rolled oats, dates, vanilla extract, orange juice, and cocoa powder in the bowl of a food processor. Blend for 3 minutes, or until mixture sticks together. Press the mixture thinly around the sides and base of a 9 inch pie dish and refrigerate.
step 2: Place the gelatin in a small bowl. Pour boiling water over gelatin, stir to dissolve, and set aside to cool.
step 3: Place frozen bananas in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add milk and blend for 3-4 minutes. Add extra vanilla and yogurt and mix well. Add dissolved gelatin. Pour mixture into the base of the pie dish and refrigerate until firm.
step 4: Soak the extra banana in the lemon juice, slice and place on top of pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.