Barbecued Shredded Beef Recipe
- 3 pounds beef roast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 cups water
step 1: Preheat oven to 275 degrees (135 degrees C).
step 2: Place roast in a large roasting pan and scatter chopped onions over.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour in beer, stir and add to roasting pan. Add water to the top of beef.
step 4: Cover and cook in oven at 275 degrees F (135 degrees C) for 4 to 5 hours.
step 5: When meat is cooked, shred meat with 2 forks, add barbecue sauce and mix well.