Barbeque Seitan and Black Bean Burritos Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages seitan
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
step 1: In a large saucepan (wok pans also work well) heat oil over medium-high and saute yellow onion, green onions, garlic, habanero, and bell pepper until onions become translucent. Add seitan and saute another 5 minutes. Add black beans and tomatoes. Heat through.
step 2: In a medium size mixing bowl combine heated mixture with cooked rice, cilantro, and 1 cup barbecue sauce.
step 3: Lay tortillas on flat surface. Spoon about 3/4 cup of filling onto each tortilla's center. Wrap tortilla so that mixture is captured on the inside.
step 4: In a casserole dish pour barbecue sauce to coat the dish's bottom. Place burritos in dish and pour more barbecue sauce on top of them. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes.