Barley Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, barley, and pine nuts. Cook and stir until barley is lightly browned. Mix in green onions, mushrooms, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish, and stir in the vegetable broth.
step 3: Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until liquid has been absorbed and barley is tender.