Baseball Bars Recipe
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped, unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch baking pan.
step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together. Stir in 1/4 cup of the peanut butter and the vanilla. Mix well and stir in the oats. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
step 3: Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
step 4: To Make Topping: In the top half of a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. Stir in 2/3 cup of the peanut butter and the chopped nuts. Stir until well blended.
step 5: Spread the topping over the still warm cooked bars. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts, if desired. Let bars cool on a rack then refrigerate. Cut into bars once chilled.