Basil Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
step 2: Reduce heat; add shrimp and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture and toss to coat.