Basil Tomato Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
step 1: Melt butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling; stir in garlic. Add 4 pork chops. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides (4 to 6 minutes). Remove from pan; set aside. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
step 2: Return pork chops to pan. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 4 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until pork chops are no longer pink (50 to 60 minutes). Remove pork chops; keep warm.
step 3: Stir together water and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into hot tomato mixture in pan with wire whisk. Add green pepper and onion.
step 4: Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 6 minutes). Serve sauce over pork chops.