Batter Buns Recipe
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- ½ cup shortening, melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
step 1: In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in shortening, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour; beat well. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
step 3: Grease 12 muffin cups. Spoon in batter until cups are half full. Let rise in warm place until batter reaches top of the cup, about 20 to 30 minutes.
step 4: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pans and brush tops with melted butter.