Bean and Pasta Soup Recipe
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed minestrone soup
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked spinach pasta
step 1: In 4 quart stock pot, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add onion powder, garlic, and onion, and cook until tender.
step 2: Stir in minestrone soup, water, great northern beans (undrained), kidney beans (undrained), thyme, basil and pepper.
step 3: Bring to a boil and then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
step 4: Stir in pasta and cook another 15 minutes and then serve.