Beef-Pesto Panini Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) mozzarella cheese
- Pasta sauce, warmed, if desired
step 1: Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Place 4 bread slices, butter sides down, in 12-inch skillet or on grill pan. Top with beef, pesto and cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, butter sides up.
step 2: Cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta sauce.