Beef Fajita Salad Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound flank steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
step 1: Combine the cumin, hot pepper sauce and Italian dressing in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the dressing. In a separate bowl, add enough dressing to coat the beef and let marinate for 1 hour.
step 2: In a hot skillet, fry the beef and cook until done. Allow the beef to cool. In a medium bowl combine the beef with the corn, beans, onions and 1/2 cup of the dressing. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
step 3: To serve, toss the beef and vegetable mixture with the salad greens, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Add extra dressing if necessary and top with the crushed tortilla chips.