Beef Teriyaki Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
step 1: In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, slice beef into very thin strips.
step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sugar and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly.
step 4: In a large skillet, over medium/high heat, saute the beef strips until browned and juices evaporate.
step 5: Stir broccoli and cornstarch mixture into meat. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Serve over the cooked rice.