Beef and Brew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beer
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound round steak - cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
step 1: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, or until they are dark brown and tender. Add the beer, 1/2 cup water, bay leaf, thyme, ground black pepper and salt.
step 2: Add the meat, onions, green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Simmer for another 20 minutes, or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf.
step 3: In a separate small bowl, combine the flour and remaining 1/4 cup water. Mix well, making sure the flour is completely dissolved. Stir this mixture into the meat mixture. Cook until thickened and bubbly, then cook for 3 minutes more.