Beef and Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 cups sliced zucchini, (1/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
step 1: In a large skillet over medium/high heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4 inch pieces. Remove beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Pour off the drippings.
step 2: Return the skillet to the heat and add the beef broth, tomatoes, and pasta. Stir to coat all of the pasta. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
step 3: Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes stirring frequently. Add zucchini and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
step 4: Return beef to the skillet and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese; heat through. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over each serving.