Beef with Bow-Tie Pasta Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds beef boneless sirloin steak
- 3 cups 2-inch pieces asparagus
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups cooked farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Trim fat from beef. Cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/8-inch slices. (For easier cutting, partially freeze beef about 1 hour.)
step 2: Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook asparagus, onions and 1 cup of the broth in skillet 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated; remove mixture from skillet.
step 3: Add beef to skillet. Cook about 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink.
step 4: Return asparagus mixture to skillet. Stir in remaining broth and remaining ingredients except cheese. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot. Sprinkle with cheese.