Beefy Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can ORTEGA® Refried Beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted peeled and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
step 1: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until brown, drain excess fat. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes, blending well.
step 2: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
step 3: Fill each tortilla with a layer of refried beans, a sprinkling of green chili peppers, a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce and a small portion of ground beef. Roll up, burrito-style and place seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. When tortillas are filled, sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
step 4: Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately with shredded lettuce, mashed avocados, sour cream and black olives.