Beefy Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
step 1: Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion in oil about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown.
step 2: Stir in broth, wine, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is almost tender.
step 3: Stir in beans, carrots and celery. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and crumbled cooked bacon, if desired.