Beer-Marinated Peppered T-Bones Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 (1 pound) T-bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Fresh herbs (optional)
step 1: In a large glass baking dish combine onion, beer, chili sauce, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place steaks in marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight, turning steaks over occasionally.
step 2: Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with the cracked black pepper.
step 3: Grill steaks on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes. Turn and grill to desired doneness, allowing 7 to 10 minutes more for medium (160 degrees F) doneness. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs.