Beer Cheese Pretzel and Dip Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot bread roll mix with yeast
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup beer, room temperature
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the hot bread roll mix with yeast and Cheddar cheese.
step 3: In a microwave or small saucepan, heat the beer to almost boiling. Stir beer and egg into the flour mixture and knead 5 minutes. Allow the dough to rest 5 minutes, then roll into desired shape. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
step 4: Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
step 5: In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, processed cheese, garlic powder and room temperature beer. Refrigerate until serving with the baked dough.