Belgian Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring oil, vinegar, and sugar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour.
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together the green beans, peas, corn, pimentos, celery, and onion. Pour in dressing, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight. Season with salt and pepper, and serve chilled.