Bermuda Fish Chowder Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups clam juice
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
step 1: Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, green pepper, and garlic; saute about 8 minutes.
step 2: Stir in tomato paste, and cook 1 minute. Add clam juice, potatoes, canned tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno pepper, bay leaf, and ground black pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring about every 30 minutes.
step 3: Add fish. Simmer until snapper is easily flaked with fork, about 10 minutes.