Best Korean Bulgogi Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 pounds thinly sliced beef chuck roast
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 head lettuce leaves - rinsed and dried
step 1: In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, green onion, sesame seeds, beer and sesame oil. Place meat in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate overnight for best results.
step 2: Combine rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
step 3: Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry beef strips for about 5 minutes on each side, or to your desired doneness.
step 4: Serve beef with rice and lettuce leaves. Spoon some rice and beef into a lettuce leaf, fold in the sides and roll up to the top to make a bag of bulgogi. No silverware needed.