Big John's BBQ Ribs and Dry Spice Rub Recipe
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 pounds rib roast
- 4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
step 1: In a small bowl or jar, mix together chile powder, dried minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, salt and seasoning salt.
step 2: Place rib roast on a medium baking sheet. Rub vigorously with 1/2 the chile powder mixture. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
step 3: In a medium saucepan, mix together 1/2 the chile powder mixture, tomato sauce, brown sugar, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, dried onion flakes, soy sauce and water. Cook 3 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally, over low heat.
step 4: Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat. Lightly oil grate.
step 5: Cook ribs covered on the prepared grill 3 to 5 hours, or to desired doneness. Brush with the sauce mixture from the medium saucepan during the last minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.