Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a mixing bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Combine the salad dressing, sour cream, green chilies, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Blend well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with the baked tortilla chips.
step 3: Spray the tortillas lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake until crisp and lightly browned.