Black Bean Lasagna II Recipe
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 2 3/4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Saute onion, red bell pepper, corn and garlic until tender. Stir in black beans, refried beans, tomato sauce, salsa and 1/4 cup cilantro. Cook until heated through and slightly thickened; set aside.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta, sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro; set aside.
step 4: Coat a 9x13 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange 3 of the cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread with 1/3 of the bean mixture, then 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice more.
step 5: Cover, and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with sliced black olives and sprigs of cilantro.