Black Bean Pie Recipe
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, mix the beans, green chiles, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Line 9 inch pie pan with one pie crust. Pour 1/4 of the bean mixture into crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle with some of the cheese and cover with a tortilla. Continue to layer mixture the with cheese and tortillas, then cover with second pie crust. Flute edges and make slits in top.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden.