Black Gold Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Health Valley® All Natural Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 5 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Hain Pure Foods® Safflower or Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Westbrae® Organic Whole Kernel Golden Corn, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Garden of Eatin'® All Natural Chili & Lime Cantina Chips or Blue Tortilla Chips
step 1: In a blender or food processor, puree 1 can of Hain Broth with 3 cups of beans. Set aside.
step 2: In a large saucepan, heat Hain Oil. Add onion and carrot and cook until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add coriander and cumin; cook 30 seconds.
step 3: Add remaining Hain Broth, pureed black bean mixture, remaining drained black beans, Hain Corn, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Granish if desired. Serve with Garden of Eatin Tortilla Chips.