Black Olive Potato Gratin Recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives
- 2 cups light cream*
- 1 cup onion, very finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drain olives, pat dry and cut in half lengthwise.
step 2: In a 4-quart saucepan mix together cream, diced onion, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3 minutes. Whisk in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese and continue whisking until smooth, about 1 minute. Add olives and simmer 3 minutes, stirring often.
step 3: Peel potatoes and slice paper-thin. Add to pot and stir gently, until the potatoes are covered with cream sauce.
step 4: Transfer potatoes to a 9 1/2- x 9 1/2-inch ovenproof casserole. Fill dish in layers, making sure to spoon all the cream sauce over the top. Sprinkle with shredded Gruyere cheese and dust with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer, until golden brown and bubbly.