Blackened Chicken Pizza with Yellow Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 yellow pear tomatoes, stems removed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pre-baked thin pizza crust
- 8 ounces shredded pepperjack cheese
step 1: Preheat over to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano, and cayenne. Sprinkle liberally over chicken. Store any remaining mixture in airtight container for later use.
step 2: Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pour oil into hot skillet, and cook chicken in oil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fully cooked.
step 3: Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread over pizza crust, then arrange chicken over tomato mixture. Top with cheese.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese melts.