Bloody Mary Deluxe Recipe
- 1 (11.5 fl oz) can spicy vegetable juice cocktail
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 dashes pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers vodka, or to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 marinated cocktail onions
- 1/2 carrot (optional)
- 2 short stalks of celery with leaves
- 2 stuffed green olives
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 thin strips of green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 small sprigs of mint (optional)
step 1: In a blender, combine the vegetable juice, lime juice, 1 celery stalk, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, vodka, and crushed ice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and blend until smooth.
step 2: Use two large frozen beer mugs, highball or pint glasses. Place one cocktail onion at the bottom of each glass. Put 1/2 cup of ice cubes into each glass. Use a vegetable peeler to pull a few strips off of the carrot for each glass. Put in a slice of green pepper. Divide the blended mixture evenly between the two glasses.
step 3: On cocktail toothpicks, place a green olive, a cocktail onion, and a lime wedge. Attach each one to a celery stalk so that when inserted, this garnish is on the top of the drink. Sprinkle on a few more carrot strips, and garnish each drink with a sprig of mint.