Blue Cheese Appetizer Tart Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
step 1: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place flour in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in water with fork until flour is just moistened. Shape into a ball.
step 2: Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Place in 9 or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom or pie pan. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Cut away excess pastry; prick all over with fork. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until very lightly browned.
step 3: Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Continue beating, gradually adding whipping cream, egg and pepper until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Spread into baked pastry shell. Sprinkle with roasted red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
step 4: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Cover; store refrigerated.