Bodacious Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 ½ cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
step 3: Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.