Bon Bons Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
step 1: Cream together butter, powdered sugar and coconut. Stir walnuts and condensed milk into the mixture. Roll into 1 inch balls and arrange on waxed paper covered cookie sheets. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
step 2: Melt chocolate chips and shortening top of double boiler over medium-low heat. Working in small batches, dip balls in chocolate until covered. Place on waxed paper covered cookie sheets and refrigerate. When firm, store covered in refrigerator.