Boscobel Beach Ginger Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the grated ginger root and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar before serving.