Bowtie Pasta Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- ¼ pound thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot of boiling salted water cook farfalle until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute onion in butter or margarine until soft and tender. Add prosciutto and saute with onion 2 minutes. Add dry white wine and let simmer for 2 additional minutes. Add thawed tomatoes, peas, and ground black pepper; stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 3: In a large bowl toss drained farfalle pasta with prosciutto mixture. Serve warm.