Boysenberry Cashew Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup boysenberry preserves
step 1: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of a pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from oven. When cool, break into small pieces.
step 2: Combine buttermilk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon juice, zest, and salt in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
step 3: Mix in cashews and pieces of graham cracker crust. Gently fold in preserves to create a ribbon effect. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour to harden.