Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce and Fruit Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups white sugar
step 1: Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until smooth. Fold in peaches, apples and bread cubes, until bread is well coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Dot with 6 tablespoons butter.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until set. Serve warm with whiskey sauce.
step 4: To make whiskey sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whiskey, 1 pound butter and 2 cups sugar. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and serve hot.