Broccoli Blue Cheese Strata Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried savory
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sliced white bread
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salad dressing and melted butter. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and savory.
step 3: Place enough slices of bread into the prepared baking dish to cover the bottom. Spread the thawed broccoli over the bread. Pour half of the egg mixture over. Make another layer of bread slices, and pour the remaining egg mixture over. Cover with shredded Cheddar cheese.
step 4: Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the strata is golden brown and puffy. Let stand for a few minutes before cutting into squares to serve.