Broccoli Cheese Casserole with Rice Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar process cheese sauce
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package blanched slivered almonds
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
step 2: Place broccoli in saucepan with 2 tablespoons water. Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 3 more minutes, separating broccoli occasionally. Drain well.
step 3: In a small pot, cook cheese and soup together until smooth.
step 4: Combine cheese and soup, broccoli, water chestnuts, and rice in the casserole dish. Cover with almonds.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly.