Broccoli Ham Turnovers Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
step 1: Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain well. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, ham, onions, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
step 2: On a floured surface, roll out the pastry; cut each in half. Place 1-1/2 cups of the filling on one side of each half; flatten filling with a spoon. Combine the egg and cream; brush some over pastry edges. Fold pastry over filling. Seal edges and prick tops with a fork. Place on a baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
step 3: Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.