Broccoli Pizza Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- ⅔ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated pizza crust doughs
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes.
step 3: Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes; drain.
step 4: In a large bowl combine potatoes, broccoli, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley. On a pizza pan or baking sheet, roll out 1 pizza dough. Top with potato mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cover with second pizza dough; with moistened fingers, seal edges of dough together.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.